At the Global Light Rail awards earlier this year, one of this year’s winners was a light railway vehicle known Read More
Naturesave provides a wide variety of insurance for community renewable energy projects.
With the realities of global warming firmly acknowledged, there is a growing desire from consumers to be supplied with renewable energy and to reduce our dependency on electricity generated by fossil fuels. This message has now been received by governments who are encouraging the growth and development of renewable energy projects.
With the expansion of renewable energy infrastructure comes the need for specialist insurance cover.
Naturesave offers community renewable energy insurance and is an innovative provider of renewable energy insurance products to assist the development of the renewables industry.
We can provide cover for the following community renewable energy projects:
- Wind turbines (onshore and offshore) – including anemometers, LIDARs & other wind measuring systems.
- Combined heat and power (CHP) – biomass and wood chip boiler systems.
- Solar Photo voltaic and active solar thermal systems.
- Wave & tidal marine renewable systems.
- Hydro-electric facilities.
- Hydrogen fuel cell technologies.
- Waste to energy systems.
- Biogas – Landfill & anaerobic digestion.
Types of Cover include:
- Construction risks (including testing and commissioning and advance loss of profits).
- Transit risks (including delay in start-up loss of profits).
- Engineering risks (operational machinery breakdown).
- Material damage.
- Loss of revenue & business interruption.
- Employers, Public & Products liability.
- Professional Indemnity.
- Directors & Officers and Trustee Liability.
- Lack of wind / sun bespoke packages.
If you have a specialised renewable energy insurance requirement, please contact us on 01803 864390.
Naturesave offers two basic insurance products:
- Renewable Energy Systems in excess of 750 kW per site
- Renewable Energy Systems below 750 kW per site (PDF Download)
- Insurance for community renewable projects (micro renewables).
- Access to a full range of renewable energy insurers.
- Fast and efficient claims administration and management.
- An ethical alternative to your current insurance arrangements.
- Competitive premiums.
- Flexible payment methods.
In the event that you would like a quotation please download the relevant form in the Insurance Document Downloads, complete and return to Naturesave Policies Ltd.
If you are unsure about the level of cover required, or about types of charity insurance, please do not hesitate to call us directly on 01803 864390 or Contact Naturesave for help and a quotation.
Community Renewable Energy Grants
The Naturesave Trust now provides start up grants for community renewable energy projects – for more information, please see the Naturesave Trust.
Domestic Renewable Energy Insurance
For more information on cover we provide for renewable energy systems in your home – please visit Home Buildings, Contents & Renewable Energy Systems Insurance.
Naturesave works with contractors, manufacturers and financial advisers throughout the UK that specialise in renewable energy systems. The map below is work in progress but features details of businesses that may be able to assist you. If you provide renewable energy systems or advice, please get in touch for details on how you can be included on our map.
If you are interested in installing a small wind turbine Renewables UK (formerly BWEA) have published an excellent consumer guide.