At the Global Light Rail awards earlier this year, one of this year’s winners was a light railway vehicle known Read More
The Naturesave Trust has funded hundreds of individual projects, including renewable energy initiatives, wildlife conservation and management, recycling projects and sustainable transport projects.
In addition to individual projects, a proportion of The Naturesave Trust’s funds is used to pay for Environmental Performance Reviews and Surveys.
Projects funded by The Naturesave Trust in 2015/16:
- Community Food Initiatives North East
- Suffolk Owl Sanctuary
- Findhorn Foundation – The Park Edible Landscape
- Great Oaks School – Wildlife Pond & Meadow
- The Kindling Trust – Farmstart Manchester
- Fareshare – London Food Access Project
- Low Carbon Gordano
- Trillion Fund – E2 Energy
- TRESOC – Share Issue
- Cambuslang Apiary Project
- Bath Green Homes Project
- Reading Sustainability Centre
- Trees for Life
- Trees for Health
- Cannock Chase Community Solar
- RISC Lighting Replacement Programme: Phase 2
- Hulme Community Garden Centre – Sustainable Urban Drainage Project
- Osney Lock Hydro
- Legacy 2014 – Plan Bee
- Villa Real Allotmenteers
- Life Cycle UK – Bike Back
- Ynni Anafon Energy
- High Winds Energy
- Sunart Community Renewables
- Ysgol Esgob Morgan – Growing for Gold
- Transition Homes Community Land Trust
- Hunter’s Bar School Association Solar Panels
- Horfield Common Edible Garden
- Plantlife – Ranscomber Rangers Tool Shed
- Derbyshire Wildlife Trust – Value in Trees
- Calvert Trust Exmoor – Biomass Boiler
- Power for Good
- Cullingworth Primary School – Solar Panels
- Mayflower Theatre LED Lighting
- Reading Sustainability Centre – Hydro Project
- Bratton Fleming Primary School
- Capel St Mary Village Hall – Solar Panels
- Corwen Electricity Cooperative
- Wildwood Pond Renovation
- Pentredwr Community Centre – Solar Panels
- FareShare – Merseyside
- Ecomotive Ltd – SNUG Homes
- Warwickshire Wildlife Trust – Guphill Brook Restoration
- St Wilfrids RC Primary School – Bee Club
- Community Energy Birmingham
- Bristol Energy Cooperative – Energy Monitoring
- Isle of Wight Red Squirrel Trust – WoodWorks
- Simeon Care for the Elderly – Rainwater Harvesting System
- Trinity Community Arts
- Jamie’s Farm – Biomass Lower Wernddu
- Netley Marsh Solar Farm
- Ormiston Denes Forest School
- Garden Classrooms – Wonderful World of Bees
- Dorset Community Renewables
- Energy Local SWELL
- St Oswald’s School Worcester – Smelly Garden
- Brighton Permaculture Trust – Fruit Factory
- Killington & District Sustainable Energy
- Brendon Orchards Cooperative
- Ynni Ogwen Cyf Hydro
- SWIMBY – The Musical, Regen SW
The leaflet here gives more detail on a selection of projects the Trust has funded in 2015/16 Naturesave Trust Leaflet. We also have a full list of all the projects that The Naturesave Trust has helped fund over the years.
The Naturesave Trust continues to fund Environmental Performance Reviews (EPRs) for Naturesave Policies Commercial Combined Clients, helping small and medium sized enterprises to become more sustainable in their trading practice. Additionally, the Trust has funded many projects including biomass, wind, hydro and solar.
The scope of projects submitted to the Trust is very broad and we hope that these projects are the type of projects you feel we should be supporting.
Perhaps there is a project close to your heart which you would like us to help fund? If so, please send us a completed application form.
In addition to individual projects, a proportion of The Naturesave Trust’s funds is used to pay for Environmental Performance Reviews – environmental surveys – for all Naturesave Insurance Commercial Combined policy holders, encouraging them to adopt more environmentally friendly business practices.
The Naturesave Trust has also set up a ‘Naturesave Grove‘ of native trees in the Caledonian Forest in Scotland, planting a tree as a gift for every Naturesave household policy holder who has been a client for 10 years or more, as a thank you for continued support. For more information, please visit our Trees For Life page, or visit the Trees for Life website.
If you would like more information on the projects listed above, past projects or the work of the Trust in general, please do not hesitate to call us directly on 01803 864390 or Contact Naturesave.
For further information on any of the Trust’s activities or projects that we have funded, please contact Bee West, Trust Administrator on 01803 864390.