The Naturesave Trust
The primary function of the Trust is to encourage the greater adoption of sustainable development
The Naturesave Trust was set up in 1995 to fund specific environmental and conservation projects throughout the UK.
The primary function of the Trust is to encourage the greater adoption of sustainable development, especially within the Small and Medium Sized business community (SMEs).
The Naturesave Trust also funds Environmental Performance Reviews for Naturesave Policies Commercial Combined clients, helping businesses and organisations to become greener.
For more information about how to apply for funding, see About the Trust.
To apply for funding from the Naturesave, please download the application form, complete and return, together with any further information that you think might be useful, to Claire Humphreys, Trust Administrator at:
The Naturesave Trust
58 Fore Street
or email to email@example.com
Community Renewable Energy Grants
The Naturesave Trust now provides start up 'seed corn' grants for community renewable energy projects, whatever type of renewable power generation you, as a community, are considering.
The costs involved can be onerous and The Naturesave Trust recognises that many lenders and investors may be reluctant to put money into a project at an early stage as it may or may not get past the planning stage.
We may be able to assist, as we are keen to help communities, in particular, that do not have the initial start up capital to undertake all the preliminary work to get you to the planning stage and most importantly for the community to retain as much control as possible over the operating income once the project has been successful.
If you wish to apply for funding for a Community Renewable Energy Project - please complete the Community Renewables Application Form and return to the Naturesave Trust with additional information, quotations, surveys etc that will support your application.
Projects funded so far include:
● Unity Wind - The Naturesave Trust provided investment towards an ecological survey for a community wind project in North
- Walsham in Norfolk.
● Torbay Coast & Countryside Trust - Naturesave funded the professional survey and assessment for a wind turbine at
- Occombe Farm.
- ● Pilling St John's Primary School - Naturesave assisted with the funding of the installation of a wind turbine at the school.
● National Star College - The Trust helped to fund the installation of a centrally located Biomass boiler system distributing
- heat and hot water to a college for severely disabled young people.
visitors centre on the Hereford and Gloucestershire Canal.
● Kingussie Community Development Company - the Trust has helped to fund an ecological survey to help towards the
● Hope Daycare Ltd - the Trust has provided funding towards the installation of a Ground Source Heat Pump at the Bromyard
Multi use centre in Herefordshire.
- ● North Tawton Community Primary School - The Trust helped with funding towards the installation of a Solar PV array.
The Naturesave Trust has also pledged funding towards the following projects:
● Sustainable Kirklington - the Trust has offered funding towards the cost of planning permission and the abstraction license
for a micro-hydro project in Oxfordshire.
● Crickhowell High School - the Trust has offered funding towards the installation of a solar photovoltaic system for this
school in Powys.
● Tiree Community Powerdown - the Trust has offered a grant towards the cost of planning permission for one of four
wind turbines in a bid for the Tiree community to become an energy neutral island.
● Transition Town Forres - The Trust has offered funding twards the cost of a solar PV installation and a biomass boiler
for an education centre.
For further information please contact Claire Humphreys or Matthew Criddle on 01803 864390 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference 'Community Renewable Energy Grants' and one of us will call you back to discuss your needs
Insurance for Community Renewable Energy systems
If you have installed or are installing a Community Renewable Energy system, Naturesave Insurance has a new Small Renewable Energy Insurance Scheme which offers affordable insurance for solar PV, wind or hydro projects up to 750 kw. If your system is larger than 750 kw, please see the Renewable Energy Insurance page for information about the cover Naturesave Insurance can provide.
If you need any guidance on the application process, or would like to discuss any aspect of the Naturesave Trust's activities, please contact us on 01803 864390 or at email@example.com
For more information about the projects that the Naturesave Trust has funded to date, see the Projects Funded page.