The Naturesave Trust supports environmental projects across the UK
As a small charity the Trust focuses on small projects for charities, social enterprises and grassroots community organisations whose activities are based within the UK.
Projects are chosen in accordance to the needs set out in the latest funding window and how well they fit with the Trust’s funding guidelines, criteria and objectives.
The Trust operates funding windows each year to help us manage demand and make a fair assessment of the applications we receieve. The last funding windows ran from 1st April to the 30th June. For details on the next funding window please visit the main Naturesave Trust page.
We are a small charity with finite resources, and we endeavour to offer funding to numerous projects. Whilst this means that we are not able to fully fund all organisations that apply to us, we hope that our financial assistance goes some way to contribute to projects that we feel are worthwhile.
These funding guidelines are intended as a basis for projects funded and maybe pragmatically altered/amended from time to time.
- Funding is available for projects submitted by any organisation whether they be charities, voluntary organisations or businesses. The Trust is unable to fund individuals.
- Projects must be entirely based within the UK.
- Grants are made to projects which specifically address the needs set out in the latest funding window and fall under the broad objective of promoting and implementing sustainable development.
- Applications for funding must be forwarded with a completed funding application form, together with any further information that the applicant thinks inform the Trustees further and support their application.
- Applications that cannot convey (to the best of their ability) what they are trying to achieve on the application form, have a lower chance of success. The best applications are those that are succinct, concise and relevant.
- Grants given may be subject to various criteria and funds are only released once these criteria have been met.
- The organisation and/or project must have a website or social media presence.
- The Naturesave Trust does not fund ‘research’ projects.
- The Naturesave Trust does not fund staff costs.
- The Naturesave Trust no longer provide grants for schools.
- Any offer of funding is open from six months of the date of the offer letter.
The Naturesave Trust is wholly funded by the commercial activities of Naturesave Insurance and has been supporting environmental projects for nearly 30 years. The diagram below shows how the Naturesave Trust is funded and what the key areas of funding are.