What is an Environmental Performance Review (EPR)?
Naturesave have been running our EPR service for over 25 years. The service is funded by our charity, the Naturesave Trust and offered free to Naturesave business clients with a premium of over £750. The aim is to assist businesses on operating more sustainably.
Why are we changing it?
On short, there is greater urgency to tackle the climate emergency. As a business, we want to focus our EPR program on helping customers understand how to reach Net-Zero. To learn more about what we mean by net-zero read our blog HERE.
Our current trajectory of emissions are sobering as since 2015, global emissions have continued to rise well beyond any trajectory that will allow us to stay below a 2 degrees Celsius rise. The outcome of the Glasgow COP26 conference gave us global pledges that will see us reach a 2.4C of warming, far beyond our safe threshold of warming.
This means we need our emissions to drop by half by 2030, and reach net-zero around mid-century. This will be one of the greatest challenges faced by UK businesses.
Be a net-zero hero
Since 2011 we have applied the One Planet Living framework across all of our diverse customer sectors. From January 2022, we will start with the client, not the framework, and make the process even more bespoke to suit your business outcomes.
From customer feedback our EPRs are used for all sorts of different outcomes – for instance our reports have been used in the following ways:
- To baseline and group under 10 different sections a business’ credentials
- To aid credible and authentic marketing and story-telling
- To support Green Business award applications and /or grant funding
- To demonstrate value and good governance to shareholders or stakeholders at AGMs.
- For use in investment pitches to demonstrate Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Environmental Social Governance and leadership
- For Governance planning and Director/Trustee recruitment
Going forward we will deliver the EPR service dependent on your end goals, which could be a stakeholder engagement report, to a carbon foot-printing service – the choice is yours!
What is the process?
If you have a policy with a premium over £750, you are eligible to have an EPR. Our sustainability surveyor would contact you to book an initial assessment session. This is where you would discuss what you want from the service, how to best use it, and to discuss areas in which you wish your business to gain improvement.
What is the outcome?
You have as long as you need to follow the bespoke recommendation to help make your business o the journey to net-zero and the surveyor will provide unlimited support for up to one year.
In this time we will conduct a follow-up session and review changes made to your business. On completion of this we will do the following:
- Send you a follow-up report
- Create a case study of your successes to go out on our digital channels
- Send you an Environmentally Aware Trading Certificate
- Send you a premium rebate of up to 10% to congratulate you on your progress.
Want to book an EPR?
Why not get in touch with us to discuss your commercial insurance needs and to check eligibility.