Naturesave launch new tree planting policy to fight climate change For many years Naturesave has planted a tree for every Read More
Naturesave is the market leader in community renewable energy insurance. We also provide grant funding and investments for community renewable energy groups.
Community renewable energy is a process by which communities come together to take control of their energy needs. There are multiple benefits in doing this one of which is to drive the shift towards low carbon solutions such as solar, wind, hydro and biomass. Further benefits include securing an income for the community, reducing energy costs, tackling fuel poverty and providing local employment.
Such projects require specialist insurance cover, which is something we specialise in at Naturesave, through our community renewable energy insurance. We are an experienced and innovative provider of renewable energy insurance driven by a desire to assist the development of the renewables industry.
We can provide cover for the following community renewable energy projects:
- Wind turbines (onshore and offshore) – including anemometers, LIDARs & other wind measuring systems.
- Combined heat and power (CHP) – biomass and wood chip boiler systems.
- Solar Photo voltaic and active solar thermal systems.
- Wave & tidal marine renewable systems.
- Hydro-electric facilities.
- Hydrogen fuel cell technologies.
- Waste to energy systems.
- Biogas – Landfill & anaerobic digestion.
Types of Cover include:
- Construction risks (including testing and commissioning and advance loss of profits).
- Transit risks (including delay in start-up loss of profits).
- Engineering risks (operational machinery breakdown).
- Material damage.
- Loss of revenue & business interruption.
- Employers, Public & Products liability.
- Professional Indemnity.
- Directors & Officers and Trustee Liability.
- Lack of wind / sun bespoke packages.
If you have a specialised renewable energy insurance requirement, please contact us on 01803 864390.
Naturesave offers two basic insurance products:
- Renewable Energy Systems in excess of 750 kW per site
- Renewable Energy Systems below 750 kW per site (PDF Download)
- Insurance for community renewable projects (micro renewables).
- Access to a full range of renewable energy insurers.
- Fast and efficient claims administration and management.
- An ethical alternative to your current insurance arrangements.
- Competitive premiums.
- Flexible payment methods.
In the event that you would like a quotation please download the relevant form in the Insurance Document Downloads, complete and return to Naturesave Policies Ltd.
If you are unsure about the level of cover required, or about types of charity insurance, please do not hesitate to call us directly on 01803 864390 or Contact Naturesave for help and a quotation.
Community Renewable Energy Grants
The Naturesave Trust now provides start up grants for community renewable energy projects – for more information, please see the Naturesave Trust.
Domestic Renewable Energy Insurance
For more information on cover we provide for renewable energy systems in your home – please visit Home Buildings, Contents & Renewable Energy Systems Insurance.
Naturesave works with contractors, manufacturers and financial advisers throughout the UK that specialise in renewable energy systems. The map below is work in progress but features details of businesses that may be able to assist you. If you provide renewable energy systems or advice, please get in touch for details on how you can be included on our map.