Specialist insurance cover for renewable energy infrastructures
Naturesave has market-leading experience in providing insurance for community renewable energy projects across the UK.
With the UK looking off track to meet our fourth and fifth carbon budgets of the Climate Change Act, there has never been a more important time to increase our output of renewable energy. Putting energy generation in the hands of communities has enormous potential and will certainly be a vital role in our future clean energy provision. In addition to helping provide an urgent alternative to fossil fuels, community energy can also help aleviate fuel poverty which affects over 4 million housholds in the UK and is predicted to lead to contribute to over 100,000 deaths.
With the expansion of renewable energy infrastructure comes the need for specialist insurance cover. Naturesave offers community renewable energy insurance and is an innovative provider of renewable energy insurance products.
We can provide cover for the following community renewable energy projects:
- Wind turbines (onshore and offshore) – including anemometers, LIDARs & other wind measuring systems.
- Combined heat and power (CHP) – biomass and wood chip boiler systems.
- Solar Photovoltaic and active solar thermal systems.
- Wave & tidal marine renewable systems.
- Hydro-electric facilities.
- Hydrogen fuel cell technologies.
- Waste to energy systems.
- Biogas – Landfill & anaerobic digestion.
- Lack of wind / sun bespoke packages.
Types of Cover include:
- Construction risks (including testing and commissioning and advance loss of profits).
- Transit risks (including delay in start-up loss of profits).
- Engineering risks (operational machinery breakdown).
- Material damage.
- Loss of revenue & business interruption.
- Employers, Public & Products liability.
- Professional Indemnity.
- Directors & Officers and Trustee Liability.
If you are unsure about the level of cover required or have a specialised renewable energy insurance requirement, please do not hesitate to call us directly on 01803 869779 or email us via our contact page for help and a quotation. We always prefer to speak to people.